Edmonton Guardianship And Trusteeship Solicitor

When a person becomes mentally incapable, due to such factors as dementia, illness or tragic injury, a substitute decision-maker may have to be appointed to handle the person's finances and personal care decisions. At Koziak Law, we are experienced legal professionals who can help you and your family to take the legal steps necessary to give you the authority to make decisions for your loved one's well-being.

Guardianship And Trusteeship ♦ Authority In Absence Of Power Of Attorney

Many people plan for a time of their own incapacity by appointing individuals under an enduring power of attorney and a personal directive, to make financial and personal care decisions — including medical care, nutrition and residence — on their behalf if they are ever unable to do so. Guardianship and trusteeship involves applying for this authority when a person did not make such appointments as part of his or her estate planning.

Court applications for guardianship and trusteeship in Alberta are made pursuant to the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act. Full guardianship and trusteeship are two decision-making options the act provides for, along with supported decision-making and co-decision-making. As your legal advisors, we can help you to assess what decision-making role might be appropriate in the case of your family.

Experienced Legal Professionals

Nadia D. Koziak has been an Alberta lawyer for more than 30 years. She and her team at Koziak Law combine tangible and relevant legal experience with relevant life experience in the service provided to clients. Koziak Law is able to provide an effective balance of competence and compassion to everyone we serve.

Serving Sherwood Park And Greater Edmonton: Substituted Decision-Making Lawyer

To schedule a consultation with a guardianship solicitor at Edmonton's Koziak Law, call our firm at 780-465-5550, 780-465-5550 toll free, or contact us online.